So hows it going so far ?

Just Wanna Chat? This is the place!

So hows it going so far ?

Postby bear » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:46 am

After a long snowy , cold winter , The season has started but I haven't been to one car show or cruise night yet do to my project being held back over all kinds of issues like broken bolts , broken easy outs , waiting on parts , shipper loosing my steering pump and pulley , medical issues , etc. So tell me how's your season is going so far . Hopefully better then mine . lol Anybody been to any shows or cruises yet ? How about some pictures or stories ? I know some of you went to Ricks cook out . You got any pictures ? Maybe you did something new to your ride . How about telling us about it . Help a guy out , I need my Mopar fix . :D
bear
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: So hows it going so far ?

Postby moparmike » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:47 am

I personally haven't had much interest in driving my car this year. I went to one cruise night this year and they cancelled it and didn't tell anybody. On the way home the car was breaking up when I got on it. I'm going to try to take it to the show in Hull next week, guess that means I have to take the car out today and see what's going on with it. I usually go to about three cruises a week but just not much motivation for cars this summer, got a lot of work to do on my house this year.
70 'Cuda|89 Shelby Daytona T-Top|63 Belvedere
moparmike
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:52 am
Location: Norton, MA

Re: So hows it going so far ?

Postby stroked340 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:54 am

Duster is sitting in the garage collecting dust didn't race once last season haven't got out yet this year..been painting my house yard work and doing work to the basement..been thinking of selling the duster,but don't want any "tire kickers" hate advertising just give me what i want and take it away..
stroked340
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: So hows it going so far ?

Postby bear » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:19 pm

moparmike wrote:I personally haven't had much interest in driving my car this year. I went to one cruise night this year and they cancelled it and didn't tell anybody. On the way home the car was breaking up when I got on it. I'm going to try to take it to the show in Hull next week, guess that means I have to take the car out today and see what's going on with it. I usually go to about three cruises a week but just not much motivation for cars this summer, got a lot of work to do on my house this year.

That happened to us a couple of years ago . We drove all the way down to RI for a show and couldn't find the place it was supposed to be at . So we asked a cop if he knew were the place was and he said it was on the other end of town and he asked why . We told him that there was supposed to be a car show there today . He said that he hadn't herd of any shows there but to follow him and he'd lead the way for us . So here we go cruising threw RI with a police escort and we get there and they had canceled it without telling anyone . At least we got a police escort . lol ...... That's a bummer about your car . I know first hand , when your car is running right it sounds like a Mopar should , "MEAN !" . :D What do you think it is , ignition or carb ?
bear
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: So hows it going so far ?

Postby bear » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:24 pm

stroked340 wrote:Duster is sitting in the garage collecting dust didn't race once last season haven't got out yet this year..been painting my house yard work and doing work to the basement..been thinking of selling the duster,but don't want any "tire kickers" hate advertising just give me what i want and take it away..

I know what your saying about tire kickers . It seems like there's more and more of them every day . Maybe instead of selling it you should just let it sit a little while and take a brake from it . Just so you don't regret it later . Just a thought .
bear
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: So hows it going so far ?

Postby moparmike » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:42 pm

bear wrote:
moparmike wrote:I personally haven't had much interest in driving my car this year. I went to one cruise night this year and they cancelled it and didn't tell anybody. On the way home the car was breaking up when I got on it. I'm going to try to take it to the show in Hull next week, guess that means I have to take the car out today and see what's going on with it. I usually go to about three cruises a week but just not much motivation for cars this summer, got a lot of work to do on my house this year.

That happened to us a couple of years ago . We drove all the way down to RI for a show and couldn't find the place it was supposed to be at . So we asked a cop if he knew were the place was and he said it was on the other end of town and he asked why . We told him that there was supposed to be a car show there today . He said that he hadn't herd of any shows there but to follow him and he'd lead the way for us . So here we go cruising threw RI with a police escort and we get there and they had canceled it without telling anyone . At least we got a police escort . lol ...... That's a bummer about your car . I know first hand , when your car is running right it sounds like a Mopar should , "MEAN !" . :D What do you think it is , ignition or carb ?


Wow, police escort, I haven't had that privilege yet. Well not the good kind anyway, lol. The car feels like it's got an ignition miss at cruise. It felt good tonight. I pretty much replaced all the ignition last year. It still has the damn antifreeze dripping on the plugs from the header bolts, that's not helping matters either. I forgot it needs a clutch kit too. I adjusted it today but it looks like the problem is in the pressure plate. I'll go to the speed shop tomorrow morning and see if they can get me something tomorrow or Tuesday. I guess it lived a good life, 21yrs and around 20k mi.
70 'Cuda|89 Shelby Daytona T-Top|63 Belvedere
moparmike
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:52 am
Location: Norton, MA

Re: So hows it going so far ?

Postby torredcuda » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:26 am

Ya, the cuda been`s a little negelected the last few years and needs some work to drive better. I`ve been fighting a carb issue, 4 speed needs a rebuild, sure-grip is worn out and needs replacing but I just drive it anyway. They were made to drive not sit in the garage! I`ve only doen a couple cruise night so far ut that is only because I`m working second shift so can`t hit any during the week.
torredcuda
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:32 am

Re: So hows it going so far ?

Postby Dgc333 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:01 am

The Cuda is running well and I have been getting it out most weekends since the first of April. But, I haven't had much ambition to do any of the work I want to do on it (have most of the parts for a 5spd swap, but need to rebuild the T5 before putting it in).

To be honest the new Mustang is faster, handles better, stops better, is more comfortable and gets 30 mpg. I get as many looks and compliments with it and feel as good about driving it, it becomes real hard to want to get the Cuda out.
Dgc333
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 8:46 am

Re: So hows it going so far ?

Postby ricks_RR » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:11 pm

well after this bad winter things are going good .we just had our first car cruise at the diner in rindge and had 76 cars .then we drove to the 228 in sterling that afternoon and did another show and had 120 cars at that one .so when I got home from work Monday we were tired.at the two shows we had a very big card for people to sign .the card was for a car person that has about two weeks to live ( cancer ) and me and Brenda went to his house and presented the card to him and is family on behalf of all the car people last night .it is very hard to say good bye to a friend so the next time you meet someone at a criuze or a car show make a friend that is why me and Brenda do what we do. life is to short so go and meet people ( great are at the car shows) that I know for sure .


ricks_RR
ricks_RR
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: So hows it going so far ?

Postby 68383 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Every day above ground is a good day.

Busy with lots of travel for work and kids' sports. Old cars are an afterthought for the foreseeable future.


Speeling mistakes do too iPhone
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Image

Typos due to iPhone.
User avatar
68383
MassMopar Moderator
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 pm
Location: Charlton, MA

Next

Return to Shoot the Breeze

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron