MassMopar becomes Northeast Mighty Mopar!

News and Announcements from the MassMopar Admin Team!

MassMopar becomes Northeast Mighty Mopar!

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:26 am

Well all, Mass Mopar is changing.

After a positive, productive meeting on Saturday, April 18, 2015, a group of us decided that MassMopar needs to be revamped in hopes of becoming a more active group, increasing membership, and accomplishing some of the goals that we all have for it.

Therefore, we are bringing back a name you may recognize: Northeast Mighty Mopar!

As some of you may know, Northeast Mighty Mopar was a relatively active club that stopped roughly 15-20 years ago.
The club had a newsletter each month and did an excellent job of outreach on the Mopar hobby during the time when the internet wasn't the way everyone accessed information.
There were state chapters and chapter heads and numerous Northeast Mighty Mopar sponsored shows.

I have explored all possible options of contacting the gentleman, Paul, who started and ran Northeast Mighty Mopar in the past and have been unsuccessful.
If anyone knows him or has contact info for him that they know to work, please let me know.
I have the name and phone number of a gentleman named Ray who I will attempt to contact soon regarding the club, but that is the extent of what I have for contact information for former leaders.

In the next couple of weeks, I will be migrating this forum and the information contained on it to northeastmightymopar.com, a domain name which I just purchased.
This will allow MassMopar to be reborn under a stronger, more familiar name that encompasses a larger area.
At the current time, the plan is to migrate all existing usernames, passwords, and forum information to the new site.
Once the new site has been set up, massmopar.net will redirect to northeastmightymopar.com, but I will keep everyone informed about what is happening and when.
I will likely send a reverse email to all members of the MassMopar site regarding the change.

Under the Northeast Mighty Mopar name, we will be planning the following "sponsored" events, all subject to change or be added to:

New England Dragway's Mopar Day on September 19, 2015.
An All Mopar Show during the summer of 2015, perhaps in Sterling, MA at the 228, as Rick has generously offered several times.
Cruises to be planned (we're probably looking at a fall cruise at this point).
Group attendance at some of the larger Cruise Nights.

We will also begin with designing typical items to help show off the club and our Mopar hobby:
T-Shirts, Stickers, Hats, etc.

We will work toward Facebook integration and will have an active Facebook page to help bring people who aren't interested in signing up on a forum into the club and out to group outings.
Eventually, we may have a monthly newsletter distributed via email.

I know that some may question the change, but the general feeling is that MassMopar wasn't working because it didn't have an active enough user base.
This is an attempt to change that and to work toward the vision that I originally had when I decided to help bring MassMopar back:
an active group of people who were interested in making sure New England was a place for all things Mopar!
Ryan - MassMopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger | 1969 Dodge Coronet Deluxe Wagon
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin

Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Re: MassMopar becomes Northeast Mighty Mopar!

Postby 68383 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Whoa! Big doings!

Speeling mistakes do too iPhone
68383 / Dave

Current Mopars- 69 Super Bee- 522, 4 speed, 95 Ram- 360, auto, 4wd
Prior- 68 Charger, 72 Demon, 72 & 75 Darts, 73 Challenger, 74 Scamp

Typos due to iPhone.
MassMopar Moderator

Postby stroked340 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:13 pm

Excellent and Mopars at Lebanon valley is Sept.26 maybe we can get something going there..
stroked340

Postby torredcuda » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:46 am

NEDs Mopar day is the 19th so they aren`t the same day so at least we can do both.
torredcuda

Postby dge467 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Sounds like some positive changes for the group!
dge467

Postby meangene83 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Exciting, looking forward to this...
meangene83

Postby ricks_RR » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:30 am

:o wow sounds good now as this grows are we going to have a board of directors guess a ? .the nice thing is that we are moving forward in the mopar family .
please think about coming in may 23 to rindge .there you will have a chance to see just how big this cam\n be .as of right now I am looking at 50 plus being here should be interesting .this is rain or shine so come anyways with out your cars . may the mopar family grow and have FUN in doing it.

ricks_RR
ricks_RR

Postby DemonChronicles » Fri May 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Great news!!
DemonChronicles

Postby mike360 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:42 pm

jeeeeeze I leave you guys alone for a few weeks and look what happens :lol: seriously though, sounds like a good plan, nice work. hope to spend time with everyone at Ricks on the 23rd .

mike
mike360

Postby ricks_RR » Fri May 08, 2015 10:02 am

I have had a lot of calls on this mopars in rindge and I hope they show up .there will be cars I have not seen yet :D :D :D :D .this is rain or shine but it is going to be a great sunny day if not please come with your daily driver the garages will be open and the food and beverages will be flowing. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ricks_RR
ricks_RR

Return to MassMopar Site News