Is there a way...

Got a suggestion? We want to hear it!

Is there a way...

Postby MOPAR_AMC_FAN » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 am

First off, thanks for everything you've done so far and for all you're doing. You're keeping the site alive and for that we all thank you. THANKS!!!!

One thought. Is there a way we could have people's location under there name or in their profile or something? I've seen it on some other sites and thought maybe we could do it. Reason being; someone asks for help with an issue. Well, if they live out in western MA or NH or somewhere, I don't want to recommend a shop in Boston if there's a place closer to them. Only problem is, I don't know where they live to see if it's relevant or not. Just a thought.

Or is this info located somewhere and I'm missing it?
MOPAR_AMC_FAN

Re: Is there a way...

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:36 am

Member location is displayed if the member has entered their location in their Member Profile. You will notice that mine is displayed.

The way to enter this to be displayed is fairly simple:
Scroll to the top of this page, or any other page of the forum.
Under the words "Board Index" located under the MassMopar logo, click "User Control Panel."
Once you are in the User Control Panel, you will notice a series of tabs, directly under the words "User Control Panel."
The UCP opens into the Overview tab, but located directly next to that tab is the "Profile" tab.
Click the Profile tab and you will see a new section open, entitled, "Edit Profile."
This is where you can edit information about you, and the list in front of you has open boxes where you can share methods of communication including AIM, your occupation, etc, but most importantly is has a box called "Location."
Enter your location in the box and it will then display that location on each post you make.

In order for a member to display their location, they must enter it into these boxes. Otherwise you will not know where they are located.

Also note that next to these boxes where you are changing your member information are additional links you can click to edit your avatar (displays under your user name in your profile box on posts) and signature (displays under your posts).
Ryan - MassMopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger | 1969 Dodge Coronet Deluxe Wagon
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin

Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Return to Suggestion Box