Wheels of Time Raynham Dog Track Cruise 2014

Post your Car Cruise Info Here!

Wheels of Time Raynham Dog Track Cruise 2014

Postby bear » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:57 pm

It's the alternate Thursday as Bass Pro . Normally a pretty good turn out of Mopars . It's at the Raynham Dog Track on rt. 138 . From what I hear there suppose to be a pretty big turn out "this" Thursday ( the day before the forth ) . Anybody going ?
bear

Re: Wheels of Time Raynham Dog Track Cruise 2014

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:02 am

Phil,

I might make it out on Thursday. It'll be the first one I've been to this season.
Depends on how bar prep is going for me.

I went a few times last year and had fun, though when I went there was nowhere near the turnout of Bass Pro.
What was nice is that there were some different cars there that I hadn't seen before - I always like that.
Ryan - MassMopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger | 1969 Dodge Coronet Deluxe Wagon
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin

Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby bear » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:03 am

I just hope the weather holds out . I was talking to Doc. over at the pep boys cruise and he's expecting a hellava turn out for the dog track this Thursday . We went to the dog track the last Thursday they had it and there was around 200 / 250 cars there . I'm hoping for more this week . When southeastern stopped having there's I expected a lot of those people to follow over to the dog track but for some reason they didn't . I think part of it is that in all the shows and cruise's we've been to , we haven't got one flier for Raynham . There's also going to be a couple of car shows at the dog track in August . If you want I'll post the fliers for them if you think anybody would be interested . As far as Bass Pro go's from what I've bee hearing there's some troubled waters over there and a lot of people are not to happy .
bear

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:52 am

Wow, 200-250 cars is about 125-175 more than were there the few times I went last year.

Yeah I didn't even know the Dog Track show existed until I was looking at the Mass Cruisers web page last year and saw it. A few of my buddies and I then made a point of going out to it.

Drama at the Bass Pro Show, huh?
It happened a couple of years ago as well - my grandfather and a bunch of his buddies from Central MA stopped coming out to it for that reason - something happened where one of them got yelled at for parking with the group even though he showed up late.
It was some kind of parking issue that then two weeks later caused a verbal brawl between the MA Cruisers guys, my grandfather's buddies and some of the other people there.
I've been trying desperately to get my grandfather to come out to the show ever since and it hasn't happened. If you knew that group of guys, you'd know they're all pretty chilled out, so I'm not sure how they ended up at odds with anyone else.

I do know that when I was parking at the Goodguys' show in Springfield a couple of weekends ago that one of the Mass Cruisers guys was kind of rude to me because I didn't know exactly where to park and ended up cruising down near where they had their section. My grandfather and I both thought it was just unnecessary.
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin

Postby Dgc333 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:17 pm

FWIW, the cruise at the dog track is the same group (Wheels of Time) that used to do the cruise at South Eastern. They moved to the dog track because there was not enough room at the school.

Also, Friday night at Walmart in Halifax is typically 600-700 cars. South Shore Mopars is usually there in force.
Dgc333

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Dgc333 wrote:FWIW, the cruise at the dog track is the same group (Wheels of Time) that used to do the cruise at South Eastern. They moved to the dog track because there was not enough room at the school.

Also, Friday night at Walmart in Halifax is typically 600-700 cars. South Shore Mopars is usually there in force.

There we go, I knew it was run by a club of some kind. They're loosely affiliated with Mass Cruisers (Or at least I thought they were).
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin

Postby Dgc333 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:40 pm

No affiliation that I am aware of. Wheels of Time has been around for many many years and have always done a cruise every other Thursday.
Dgc333

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Dgc333 wrote:No affiliation that I am aware of. Wheels of Time has been around for many many years and have always done a cruise every other Thursday.

Ahh, I see. Got some bad information from someone along the line. I was told they planned their Thursday night shows around one another.
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin

Postby Dgc333 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:54 am

Mass Cruisers planned around Wheels of Time originally since the Wheels of Time cruise was about the largest in the area when Mass Cruisers started. It would make sense that they would be talking now.
Dgc333

Postby bear » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 am

Honestly from what I've been hearing , Mass Cruisers had better get there act to together or there cruise night will die out . I've been hearing complaints about the way there parking the cars , the DJ and the music , the way they have treated the people that bring there cars there and the way it's run period . We've only been there once this year with the Dart and we "might" go one more time ( I'm not sure yet ) . But I've talked to people that say that they will never go back there again . The one time we went there they insisted on parking us in with the motorcycles . Does that make sense to anyone ? ..... As for the wheels of time cruise go's . That could very well be a great cruise that would put the Mass cruisers to shame , but the only way there going to do that is to put the word out better . I've asked people about that one and most of the time they say that they've heard about it and they want to go but they don't know any of the details . I've been there when the south shore Mopars have come in full force as well as quite a few other Mopars and it's been a great turn out of Mopars as well as other makes of cars . Then I've been there on nights that there might have been maybe a hundred cars . I know this year got off to kinnda a bad for start for them because it seemed to rain on every other Thursday . I'm just hoping that the bad weather holds out this Thursday until later that night . I want to try and make it . .... As for Halifax , We haven't been there yet this year but from what I've been hearing it's a really good turn out . I haven't talked to the wife yet but weather permitting we might try and make it there this Friday .
bear

Next

Return to Cruise Locations