Wheels of Time Raynham Dog Track Cruise 2014

Post your Car Cruise Info Here!

Re: Wheels of Time Raynham Dog Track Cruise 2014

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:06 pm

bear wrote:Honestly from what I've been hearing , Mass Cruisers had better get there act to together or there cruise night will die out . I've been hearing complaints about the way there parking the cars , the DJ and the music , the way they have treated the people that bring there cars there and the way it's run period . We've only been there once this year with the Dart and we "might" go one more time ( I'm not sure yet ) . But I've talked to people that say that they will never go back there again . The one time we went there they insisted on parking us in with the motorcycles . Does that make sense to anyone ? ..... As for the wheels of time cruise go's . That could very well be a great cruise that would put the Mass cruisers to shame , but the only way there going to do that is to put the word out better . I've asked people about that one and most of the time they say that they've heard about it and they want to go but they don't know any of the details . I've been there when the south shore Mopars have come in full force as well as quite a few other Mopars and it's been a great turn out of Mopars as well as other makes of cars . Then I've been there on nights that there might have been maybe a hundred cars . I know this year got off to kinnda a bad for start for them because it seemed to rain on every other Thursday . I'm just hoping that the bad weather holds out this Thursday until later that night . I want to try and make it . .... As for Halifax , We haven't been there yet this year but from what I've been hearing it's a really good turn out . I haven't talked to the wife yet but weather permitting we might try and make it there this Friday .

Yeah, parking parking parking seems to be the issue with Bass Pro.

As far as Thursday, I'm in as long as it doesn't pour and I don't have the gas tank swap in progress at that moment.
Honestly though, Thursday and Friday look pretty rainy from the news I just watched.

Dgc333 wrote:Mass Cruisers planned around Wheels of Time originally since the Wheels of Time cruise was about the largest in the area when Mass Cruisers started. It would make sense that they would be talking now.

Makes sense, then. Honestly, I had heard of the Bass Pro Cruise despite living out in Central MA, but had never heard of the Wheels of Time Show.
Ryan - MassMopar Site Administrator
1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon | 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 Coupe
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger | 1969 Dodge Coronet Deluxe Wagon
2002 Intrepid ES | 2004 300M Special | 2001 Concorde LXi
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin

Location: Dedham, but my classic Mopars are in North Brookfield, MA

Postby bear » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:44 pm

I know it's off subject , but how is the mighty wagon coming along Ryan ? You haven't posted anything about it lately
bear

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:24 pm

Looks like Thursday might turn out to be OK on the South Shore - we'll have to wait and see! If it is, I'm there!

bear wrote:I know it's off subject , but how is the mighty wagon coming along Ryan ? You haven't posted anything about it lately

Phil, I'm currently just driving it. Getting it inspected today, got a used windshield installed and then had the darn thing fail to start at the ice cream place across the street. Played all around with it, tried to jump it off of my fiancee's Concorde, etc. and couldn't get it to start up.
Had it towed home and figured out that it needed a new battery terminal - why it wouldn't connect properly and fire up when I messed around with the battery terminal, I'll never know.

I'm going to take it to Raynham on Thursday night and the Cars of Summer Cruise in Worcester at Green Hill Park with my grandfather on Saturday.

After that I'm going to park it and likely just drive it around town, until August when I'm done with the bar exam and can take the time to put in the new gas tank and sending unit I bought for it.
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin

Postby bear » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:44 pm

Sneke_Eyez wrote:Looks like Thursday might turn out to be OK on the South Shore - we'll have to wait and see! If it is, I'm there!
So far so good as far as the weather , but like you said we'll have to wait and see . You know what New England weather can be like . If you don't like it wait a minute and it'll change . lol If it does turn out to be good we'll be there with lil blue . Hopefully we'll see you there .
bear wrote:I know it's off subject , but how is the mighty wagon coming along Ryan ? You haven't posted anything about it lately

Phil, I'm currently just driving it. Getting it inspected today, got a used windshield installed and then had the darn thing fail to start at the ice cream place across the street. Played all around with it, tried to jump it off of my fiancee's Concorde, etc. and couldn't get it to start up.
Had it towed home and figured out that it needed a new battery terminal - why it wouldn't connect properly and fire up when I messed around with the battery terminal, I'll never know.

I'm going to take it to Raynham on Thursday night and the Cars of Summer Cruise in Worcester at Green Hill Park with my grandfather on Saturday.

After that I'm going to park it and likely just drive it around town, until August when I'm done with the bar exam and can take the time to put in the new gas tank and sending unit I bought for it.
Cheer up it'll take time to get out the little bug's out of it . It's always the little things that's a pain in the but to track down and take care of . But you'll do it . :D
bear

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:56 pm

bear wrote:
Sneke_Eyez wrote:Looks like Thursday might turn out to be OK on the South Shore - we'll have to wait and see! If it is, I'm there!
So far so good as far as the weather , but like you said we'll have to wait and see . You know what New England weather can be like . If you don't like it wait a minute and it'll change . lol If it does turn out to be good we'll be there with lil blue . Hopefully we'll see you there .

Cheer up it'll take time to get out the little bug's out of it . It's always the little things that's a pain in the but to track down and take care of . But you'll do it . :D

Hopefully I'll see you there as well, Phil!

I'm doing fine with it, just one project at a time is all.
Got a decent deal on the gas tank and sender so I snapped them up when I could, but its too major of a job to do in a weekend with all of the bar prep homework I need to do. Gotta keep my eye on the prize even if I'd rather keep my eye on the wagon.

Believe it or not, when I took it to get it inspected today, it wouldn't start in the inspection bay after the guy put the sticker on it.
The two guys messed around with it but still couldn't get it to start, then I got in and it started right up for me, but when it started up it made this awful racket.
They both told me it sounded like the starter was going and I didn't feel like messing with it not starting again, so I drove it right home, let it cool down, and then took an hour and a half tonight and swapped it out for the 91+ mini starter. Started to rain lightly right as I was finishing it up.
Car starts like a champ now.

Strange though, I found a bolt in the actual gear area of the original starter - which had a cracked neck area. Who knows how long that's been kicking around in there? It was pretty chewed up...

While I was under there crawling around I noticed the lower driver's side freeze plug is kinda nasty looking. Might have to swap that one out before too long - at least its one of the ones that's easy enough to do with the motor in the car!
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin

Postby bear » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:11 am

You found a bolt in the bell housing ? That's odd ? Your lucky that didn't get caught up in the fly wheel . How big was it ?
bear

Postby Sneke_Eyez » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm

bear wrote:You found a bolt in the bell housing ? That's odd ? Your lucky that didn't get caught up in the fly wheel . How big was it ?

Yep. I saved it, I'll post a picture soon.

Unfortunately, though, it doesn't look like I'll make it out. Wagon needs a new battery and I don't have the time to go and get it and get out there and get everything else done that I need to do today. :(
Sneke_Eyez
Site Admin

Postby Dgc333 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:31 am

I made it to Raynham last night for a while. Haven't been this year so I don't know if the turn out was typical but I thought it was low.

Dgc333

Postby bear » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:00 am

I knew I knew that car from some where . I even took a picture of it . Yeah , The attendance was on the low side . I don't know if the weather up north had anything to do with it . Were you still there when the police and the paramedic's showed up ?
Attachments
IMG_2746.JPG
IMG_2746.JPG (238.48 KiB) Viewed 677 times
bear

Postby Dgc333 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:51 am

Yes, not sure what happened though. I did get a chance to talk to some people I hadn't seen in a while.
Dgc333

PreviousNext

Return to Cruise Locations